Lone Star “Love Song” Giveaway Winners!
July 11, 2015
This was one of the funnest contests for me. It took a delicious forever to sift through the hundreds of entries and to listen to the songs. Many I knew (“Hey There Delilah” “Romeo and Juliet”), some I did not (“Say You Love Me” “In Da Club”). Some were my own favorite songs (“Nothing Else Matters” “High and Dry”). But each one personal and beautiful. Out of the songs you submitted, “Chasing Cars” by Snow Patrol came in four times as a fave, “Unchained Melody” by the Righteous Brothers three times, “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith and “You’re Beautiful” by James Blunt twice, but the rest were all glorious and unique. I love them all. It gave me such joy to see inside your hearts. It was like going on a mini-tour and meeting you face to face. Thank you for the wonderful opportunity to get to know you better.
My daughter thought ten was brutally insufficient, so she finagled another three out of the summer bucket because she said thirteen was her favorite number (because she is thirteen, and her favorite girl in all the world was born on December 13).
Without further ado, here are the lucky thirteen, and heartfelt thanks so each and every one of you for participating. I’m going to go make a reader playlist and put it on my phone, and carry you and your love songs with me wherever I go. Winners: Please email me your full name and address so I can send out your books pronto.
The winners are…
• Malinda Dickens – “Try” by Colbie Caillat.
• Rachael Jesko – “Chasing Cars” by Snow Patrol
• Nicole Karlson – “There’s a Light that Never Goes Out” by the Smiths
• Adam McHugh — “505” by Arctic Monkeys
• Maria Kavvatha — “Love Me Tender” by Elvis
• Jenny Belk — “Have I Told You Lately That I Love You” by Rod Stewart (this one happens to be my own wedding song, lol)
• Samantha McLaughlin — “Addicted to You” by Avicii
• Lisa Grimes — “Iris” by the Goo Goo Dolls
• Shura Herondale — “She Will Be Loved” by Maroon 5
• Mirielle McMillin — “The Best Day” by Taylor Swift
• Sarah Heaton — “Annie’s Song” by John Denver
• Tanya Birman — “Nights in White Satin” by the Moody Blues
• Francesca Grizancic — “Eternal Flame” by the Bangles
Thanks again! Love to all. Here’s one of my favorite songs (because I’m forever twenty when I hear it) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx71aA62Hx4